In modern clinical medicine, CPAP ventilator, as an effective means to replace the function of autonomous ventilation, has been widely used in respiratory support treatment and first aid resuscitation. It occupies a very important position in the field of modern medicine.
CPAP machine is a kind of vital medical equipment which can prevent and treat respiratory failure, reduce complications, save and prolong the lives of patients.
What is CPAP?
CPAP, the continuous positive airway pressure (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure), uses a mask to feed continuous positive pressure air into the airway. The machine that gives oxygen in this way is called the CPAP ventilator.
It means that under the condition of spontaneous respiration, patients should have stable respiratory driving force and appropriate tidal volume, and artificially apply a certain degree of positive airway pressure during the whole respiratory cycle, which is helpful to prevent airway collapse, increase functional residual volume, improve lung compliance and increase oxygenation.
In this mode, the ventilator only maintains a certain positive airway pressure and does not carry out mechanical ventilation. Limited to patients with spontaneous breathing. If the patient has apnea, the CPAP ventilator can carry out the necessary mechanical ventilation according to the preset frequency to ensure the safety of the patient.
The function of CPAP Machine
Ventilator is a kind of medical device, which can maintain pulmonary ventilation, improve lung body exchange function, reduce ventilator load, preventive mechanical ventilation and so on. It is mainly suitable for neonatal pediatrics, severe paediatrics (NICU, PICU). For premature infants, newborns, infants and children with acute pneumonia, pulmonary hemorrhage, type I and II respiratory failure, shock, heart failure and hypoxia. It can also be used to rescue people with nocturnal sleep apnoea caused by snoring and acute heart failure.
The main components of CPAP ventilator
The common ventilator mainly consists of three parts: ventilator mainframe, ventilator pipeline humidifier, ventilator mask, breathing and power adapter.
1. Ventilator mainly provides gas pressure power source for patients with non-invasive ventilation.
2. Ventilator pipeline provides the function of gas transportation for non-invasive ventilation. Ensure that the ventilator main engine provides a certain pressure of gas to the mask. To enter the patient’s lungs through the respiratory tract.
3. The respirator mask is divided into a nose mask and a mouth and nose mask. Generally speaking, patients with sleep apnoea can choose a nose mask when wearing a ventilator.
The major components of the household ventilator work with each other in order to provide patients with the most comfortable and smooth breathing.
CPAP cleaning method
Cleaning of ventilator humidifier.
1. Carefully remove the chamber from the humidifier so that the water does not enter the CPAP machine.
2. Open the room and wash with warm soapy water.
3. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel to avoid direct sunlight.
4. Humidification rooms should be replaced every 6 months or as needed.
CPAP mask cleaning and replacement.
1. Wash the mask with warm water and mild soap-free every day or buy special wipe towels and detergents for CPAP masks.
2. Rinse with water and dry in direct sunlight with clean cloth or paper towels.
3. Before using the mask at night, wash your face thoroughly and do not use facial moisturizer. Facial oils and moisturizers can decompose silicone more quickly.
4. For the replacement schedule of the CPAP mask, you should check the manufacturer’s recommendations. However, for most masks, it is recommended that you replace the cushion 1 to 2 times a month and every 3 to 6 months.
5. CPAP tubes should be cleaned weekly in a warm soap sink, washed clean, and then dried in direct sunlight.
General CPAP maintenance and CPAP cleaning skills
1.After the CPAP equipment is cleaned, give the equipment plenty of time to dry during the day.
2.Keep machines and accessories away from direct sunlight so as not to damage them.
3. Do not use bleach to clean accessories.
4. Due to equipment failure, other machine accessories, such as power cables and data cards, may need to be replaced.
5. Place the machine on a horizontal surface away from objects such as curtains that may interfere with the air inlet.
6. When cleaning components, be sure to use distilled or sterile water.
With these simple tips on cleaning and maintaining CPAP equipment and accessories, I’m sure you’ll get a better CPAP treatment experience.
Here are some of CPAP available on Amazon
Categories: Product Reviews