THE VIRTUES OF ABU BAKR
عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَنْ أَصْبَحَ مِنْكُمْ الْيَوْمَ صَائِمًا قَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ أَنَا قَالَ فَمَنْ تَبِعَ مِنْكُمْ الْيَوْمَ جَنَازَةً قَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ أَنَا قَالَ فَمَنْ أَطْعَمَ مِنْكُمْ الْيَوْمَ مِسْكِينًا قَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ أَنَا قَالَ فَمَنْ عَادَ مِنْكُمْ الْيَوْمَ مَرِيضًا قَالَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ أَنَا فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَا اجْتَمَعْنَ فِي امْرِئٍ إِلَّا دَخَلَ الْجَنَّةَ
Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “Who amongst you is fasting today?” Abu Bakr said, “I am.” He (ﷺ) said, “Who amongst you followed a funeral procession today?” Abu Bakr said, “I did.” He (ﷺ) then said, “Who amongst you served food to the needy?” Abu Bakr said, “I did.” He then (ﷺ) said, “Who amongst you has today visited the sick?” Abu Bakr said, “I did.” Thereupon Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly enter Paradise.”
Narrated by Imam Muslim
Grade: Sahih (authentic)
Translation adapted from sunnah.com
- Every Muslim is enjoined to perform individual obligations to Allah, such as fasting.
- Every Muslim is also enjoined to observe his and her communal obligations as a Muslim has rights over another Muslim. One example is following funeral processions.
- Each of us has the responsibility of helping the needy, including providing food.
- Each of us is also duty-bound to fulfil the rights of fellow Muslims when they fall sick by visiting them.
- One will be granted paradise by performing these four good deeds continuously: fasting, visiting the sick, partaking in funeral processions, and feeding the poor.
Source : https://t.me/ahadithadayAHAD