ALLAH LOVES GENTLENESS
عَنْ عَائِشَةَ زَوْجِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ يَا عَائِشَةُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ رَفِيقٌ يُحِبُّ الرِّفْقَ وَيُعْطِي عَلَى الرِّفْقِ مَا لَا يُعْطِي عَلَى الْعُنْفِ وَمَا لَا يُعْطِي عَلَى مَا سِوَاهُ
‘A’isha, the wife of Allah’s Apostle (ﷺ), reported that he (ﷺ) said, “’A’isha, verily Allah is kind and He loves kindness and confers upon kindness which he does not confer upon severity and does not confer upon anything else besides it (kindness).”
Narrated in Sahih Muslim, hadith no. 2593
Grade: Sahih (authentic)
Translation adapted from sunnah.com
- Allah is Most Gentle to His servants.
- Allah loves people who have a gentle disposition whether in speech, in writing, or in carrying out deeds.
- Gentleness and politeness nurture love.
- Allah will not confer gentleness upon those with harsh attitudes.
- An unpleasant temperament leads people away from what we wish to convey to them, even if it is the truth. Allah commanded Moses and Aaron (peace be upon them) to preach to the Pharaoh of their time gently. Allah Ta’ala said,
فَقُولا لَهُ قَوْلا لَيِّنًا
“Speak to him (the Pharaoh) in a soft manner; maybe he will take admonition or fear. (Chapter Thaha, verse 44)
Translation adapted from al-quran.info
Let’s try to develop the gentle nature loved by Allah and avoid harshness and abusive tendencies in speech, writing, and mannerisms.