عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَنْ يَأْخُذُ عَنِّي هَؤُلَاءِ الْكَلِمَاتِ فَيَعْمَلُ بِهِنَّ أَوْ يُعَلِّمُ مَنْ يَعْمَلُ بِهِنَّ فَقَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ فَقُلْتُ أَنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ فَأَخَذَ بِيَدِي فَعَدَّ خَمْسًا وَقَالَ اتَّقِ الْمَحَارِمَ تَكُنْ أَعْبَدَ النَّاسِ وَارْضَ بِمَا قَسَمَ اللَّهُ لَكَ تَكُنْ أَغْنَى النَّاسِ وَأَحْسِنْ إِلَى جَارِكَ تَكُنْ مُؤْمِنًا وَأَحِبَّ لِلنَّاسِ مَا تُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِكَ تَكُنْ مُسْلِمًا وَلَا تُكْثِرْ الضَّحِكَ فَإِنَّ كَثْرَةَ الضَّحِكِ تُمِيتُ الْقَلْبَ
Al-Hasan narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
“Who will take these statements from me, so that he may act upon them, or teach one who will act upon them?” So Abu Hurairah said: “I said, ‘I shall O Messenger of Allah!’ So he (ﷺ)took my hand and enumerated five (things), he said, ‘Be on guard against the unlawful and you shall be the most worshiping among the people, be satisfied with what Allah has allotted for you and you shall be the richest of the people, be kind to your neighbor and you shall be a believer, love for the people what you love for yourself and you shall be a Muslim. And do not laugh too much, for indeed increased laughter kills the heart.'”
Narrated by Imam Tirmidzi
Status: dha’if (weak)
Translation taken from sunnah.com
Five reminders from Rasulullah (ﷺ):
- To be the best worshippers, we have to ensure to not do things that are forbidden. STAY AWAY FROM THE FORBIDDEN
- To be rich, we have to accept all sustenance from Allah with open hearts. Accepting what we have received will put us at peace and in tranquillity. BE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE’VE GIVEN – GRATEFUL.
- To be mukminin (pious individuals), we have to always be good to our neighbors. To fulfil neighbor’s rights is a mukmin’s responsibility. BE GOOD TO YOUR NEIGHBORS (REGARDLESS OF OF THEIR RELIGION)
- To be Muslim, we have to love our Muslim brothers and sisters the same way we love ourselves. (LOVE YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERS)
- Avoid laughing too much because excessive laughter renders the heart dead; try to laugh in moderation. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION.
May we keep ourselves distant from forbidden matters, be accepting of everything, be nice to neighbors, love each other, and be moderate in laughter. Let’s strive to reminder each other of such good character.
Source – https://t.me/ahadithadayAHAD
*MY COMMENTS IN CAPITAL
Don’t keep this to yourself. Share it & Tell the world.
Also, checks these awesome pages