أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ “ الْمُسْلِمُ أَخُو الْمُسْلِمِ، لاَ يَظْلِمُهُ وَلاَ يُسْلِمُهُ، وَمَنْ كَانَ فِي حَاجَةِ أَخِيهِ كَانَ اللَّهُ فِي حَاجَتِهِ، وَمَنْ فَرَّجَ عَنْ مُسْلِمٍ كُرْبَةً فَرَّجَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ كُرْبَةً مِنْ كُرُبَاتِ يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ، وَمَنْ سَتَرَ مُسْلِمًا سَتَرَهُ اللَّهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ”.
Abdullah binUmar: Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection. ”
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2442
- A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim.
- Muslims are obligated to protect the rights of other Muslims, e.g.:
a. By not inflicting tyranny or mistreating other Muslims
b. By not allowing other Muslims to be subjected to tyrannical treatment
- It is our responsibility to help our kin who are in need of assistance. Those who do will in turn be assisted by Allah.
- Allah will relieve the hardship of the Day of Resurrection and make it easy for those Muslims who relieved the hardship of other Muslims.
- It is the responsibility of a Muslim to conceal the shame or disgrace of another Muslim.
- Allah will surely conceal one’s weakness, shame, or disgrace on the Day of Resurrection if they concealed another Muslim’s weakness, shame, or disgrace in this world.
Let’s become people of Rahmah by protecting the rights of our Muslim brothers and sisters.