We has defined patience before. Nonetheless, patience can be defined as a manner of spiritual superiority by virtue of which we refrain ourselves from doing evil. It is also a faculty of the intellect that enables us to live properly in this world.
Patience is to keep calmly content while facing affliction.
It is to restrain yourself from ill-conduct, remain quiet during affliction and without complaining.
Abu Uthman said,
The one who has patience is the one who had trained himself to handle hardships.
Amr Ibn Uthman Al-Makki said,
Patience means to keep close to Allah and to accept calmly the trials He sends, without complaining or feeling sad.
Patience is to adhere to the injunctions of the Qur’an and sunnah.”
Patience means to refrain from complaining.
Another scholar said,
Patience means to seek Allah’s help
Abu Muhammad Al-Hariri said,
Patience means that there is no difference in behavior in times of prosperity and that of adversity and to be content at all times.
At times we can hardly refrain from panicking during adversity, but patience does not mean we have the same feeling during times of ease and times of hardship.
Our prophet (pbuh) said in one of his well known supplication,
“If You are not angry with me, then I do not bother about anything that happens to me but still I would rather have Your blessings and Favor.”This supplication was said when the Prophet(pbuh) when he went back from Ta’if after being rejected by the town’s people.
“No one had ever been given anything better than patience.”
We, by nature, prefers prosperity, (really, who don’t) but when he meets with affliction which, trust me, in any case and circumstances is inevitable. Patience is the best quality.
Abu Ali Ad-Daqqaq said,
Patience means not to object to your fate.
Expressing that one is afflicted, without complaining, does not contradict patience.
More Book Reviews
- The Principles by Ray Dalio (10/10★)
- Lead Right for Your Company’s Type (How to Connect Your Culture with Your Customer Promise) , William E. Schneider, AMACOM, 2017
- The Social Organism, A Radical Understanding of Social Media to Transform Your Business and Life, Oliver Luckett and Michael J. Casey (Hachette Book Group USA, 2016) (6/10 ★)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, Marie Kondo, (Ten Speed Press, 2014) (7/10★)
- How to Speak Money, What the Money People Say – and What It Really Means, John Lanchester (2014)
Recommended Social Media Marketing Guides
- Magnetic Marketing System: Dominate Your Market Fast.
- Earn $2000+ Monthly Using Autopilot Marketing Systems.
- The Most Powerful Blogging Course To Make Money Online
If you’re interested in starting to make money online or even starting a blog. Please read How to start a Blog.
“Start testing immediately. A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.”