BENEFITS OF PERFORMING CONGREGATIONAL PRAYER AT THE MOSQUE
عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ صَلَاةُ الرَّجُلِ فِي جَمَاعَةٍ تَزِيدُ عَلَى صَلَاتِهِ فِي بَيْتِهِ وَصَلَاتِهِ فِي سُوقِهِ خَمْسًا وَعِشْرِينَ دَرَجَةً وَذَلِكَ بِأَنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ إِذَا تَوَضَّأَ فَأَحْسَنَ الْوُضُوءَ وَأَتَى الْمَسْجِدَ لَا يُرِيدُ إِلَّا الصَّلَاةَ وَلَا يَنْهَزُهُ إِلَّا الصَّلَاةُ لَمْ يَخْطُ خُطْوَةً إِلَّا رُفِعَ لَهُ بِهَا دَرَجَةٌ وَحُطَّ عَنْهُ بِهَا خَطِيئَةٌ حَتَّى يَدْخُلَ الْمَسْجِدَ فَإِذَا دَخَلَ الْمَسْجِدَ كَانَ فِي صَلَاةٍ مَا كَانَتْ الصَّلَاةُ هِيَ تَحْبِسُهُ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى أَحَدِكُمْ مَا دَامَ فِي مَجْلِسِهِ الَّذِي صَلَّى فِيهِ وَيَقُولُونَ اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لَهُ اللَّهُمَّ ارْحَمْهُ اللَّهُمَّ تُبْ عَلَيْهِ مَا لَمْ يُؤْذِ فِيهِ أَوْ يُحْدِثْ فِيهِ
Abu Hurairah reported the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying: Prayer said by a man in congregation is twenty five degrees more excellent than prayer said (i.e. done) by him alone in his house or in the market. This is because when any of you performs ablution and does it perfectly, and goes out to the mosque having no intention except praying, and nothing moves him except prayer, then at every step which he takes, his rank is elevated by one degree on account of this (walking) and one sin is remitted from him for this (walking), till he enters the mosque. When he enters the mosque, he will be reckoned as praying as long as he will be detained by the prayer. The angels keep on invoking blessing on any of you so long as he remains seated in the place he prays, saying, “O Allah, forgive him; O Allah, have mercy on him; O Allah, accept his repentance so long as he does not harm anyone or breaks his ablution.”
Narrated by Abu Daud
Grade: Sahih (authentic)
Translation adapted from sunnah.com
Among the benefits of performing congregational prayer at the mosque:
- The reward for congregational prayer is 25 times of that at home or elsewhere.
- One who performs ablution thoroughly at home and goes to the mosque only for the purpose of praying in congregation, will be rewarded an escalation of rank and expunged of sin for each step taken.
- When one enters the mosque, one is deemed as praying as long as one stays to wait for congregational prayer.
- The angels will, in turn, pray for one who stays at the place of prayer. They will pray so as one’s sins are forgiven, one’s life is blessed, and one’s repentance is accepted. They will do so as long as one doesn’t become a disturbance to others (e.g. by talking, doing zikr, or reading the Quran loudly) and maintains ablution throughout.
Seize these multiple rewards through congregational prayer at the mosque!
Recommended Social Media Marketing Guides
- Magnetic Marketing System: Dominate Your Market Fast.
- Earn $2000+ Monthly Using Autopilot Marketing Systems.
- The Most Powerful Blogging Course To Make Money Online
More on Book Reviews
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook, How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World,Gary Vaynerchuk. [9.5/10]
- Richest Man in Babylon [10/10] (The perfect book)
- The Principles by Ray Dalio
- Why we sleep, Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams, Matthew Walker, Scribner (2017)
- More Sales, Less Time. Surprisingly simple strategies for today’s crazy-busy sellers, Jill Konrath (2016)
If you’re interested in starting to make money online or even starting a blog. Please read How to start a Blog.
“Start testing immediately. A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.”