عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَوْ يَعْلَمُ النَّاسُ مَا فِي النِّدَاءِ وَالصَّفِّ الْأَوَّلِ لَاسْتَهَمُوا عَلَيْهِمَا وَلَوْ يَعْلَمُونَ مَا فِي التَّهْجِيرِ لَاسْتَبَقُوا إِلَيْهِ وَلَوْ يَعْلَمُونَ مَا فِي الْعَتَمَةِ وَالصُّبْحِ لَأَتَوْهُمَا وَلَوْ حَبْوًا
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“If the people knew what (virtue) there is in the call to prayer and in the first row, and they had no other way but to draw lots concerning them, they would draw lots. If they knew what (virtue) there is in coming early for the prayer, they would compete in doing so. And if they knew what (virtue) there is in ‘Atamah and Subh prayers, they would come even if they had to crawl.”
Narrated by Ahmad
Translation adapted from sunnah.com
Allah rewards greatly those who prioritise going to the mosque for congregational prayer when the time has come. The above hadith depicts a few notable ones:
- If men (an-naas as stated in the hadith) knew the reward for responding to the call to prayer (azan) by immediately going to the mosque and being in the first row, they would seize the opportunity even if it meant drawing lots.
- If men knew the reward for hastening to the mosque for congregational prayer, they would compete to arrive early.
- If men knew the reward for performing Isya’ and Fajr (subuh) prayers in congregation, they would join even if they needed to crawl.
Recommended Social Media Marketing Guides
- Magnetic Marketing System: Dominate Your Market Fast.
- Earn $2000+ Monthly Using Autopilot Marketing Systems.
- The Most Powerful Blogging Course To Make Money Online
More on Book Reviews
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook, How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World,Gary Vaynerchuk. [9.5/10]
- Richest Man in Babylon [10/10] (The perfect book)
- The Principles by Ray Dalio
- Why we sleep, Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams, Matthew Walker, Scribner (2017)
- More Sales, Less Time. Surprisingly simple strategies for today’s crazy-busy sellers, Jill Konrath (2016)
If you’re interested in starting to make money online or even starting a blog. Please read How to start a Blog.
“Start testing immediately. A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.”