عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ مَسْعُودٍ قَالَ حَافِظُوا عَلَى هَؤُلَاءِ الصَّلَوَاتِ الْخَمْسِ حَيْثُ يُنَادَى بِهِنَّ فَإِنَّهُنَّ مِنْ سُنَنِ الْهُدَى وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ شَرَعَ لِنَبِيِّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ سُنَنَ الْهُدَى وَلَقَدْ رَأَيْتُنَا وَمَا يَتَخَلَّفُ عَنْهَا إِلَّا مُنَافِقٌ بَيِّنُ النِّفَاقِ وَلَقَدْ رَأَيْتُنَا وَإِنَّ الرَّجُلَ لَيُهَادَى بَيْنَ الرَّجُلَيْنِ حَتَّى يُقَامَ فِي الصَّفِّ وَمَا مِنْكُمْ مِنْ أَحَدٍ إِلَّا وَلَهُ مَسْجِدٌ فِي بَيْتِهِ وَلَوْ صَلَّيْتُمْ فِي بُيُوتِكُمْ وَتَرَكْتُمْ مَسَاجِدَكُمْ تَرَكْتُمْ سُنَّةَ نَبِيِّكُمْ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَلَوْ تَرَكْتُمْ سُنَّةَ نَبِيِّكُمْ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَكَفَرْتُم
Abd Allah b. Mas’ud said: Persevere in observing these five times of prayer where the announcement for them is made, because they are from the paths of right guidance. And Allah has laid down for his prophet (ﷺ) the paths of right guidance. We have seen the time when no one stayed away from prayer except a hypocrite whose hypocrisy was well known. We witnessed the time when a man would be brought (having to be supported) by two men until he was set up in the row (of congregational prayer). Every one of us has a mosque of his own in his house. If you were to pray in your houses and stay from your mosques, you would abandon the Sunnah (practice) of your prophet. And if you were to abandon the Sunnah of your Prophet, you would become an unbeliever.
Narrated in Sunan Abi Daud, hadith no. 550
Grade: Sahih (authetic)
Translation adapted from sunnah.com
- Men should be conscious of performing prayer in congregation (jamaah) at the mosque once the call to prayer (azan) is made.
- Congregational prayer is one of the ways or paths to gaining Allah’s guidance.
- None among the Companions left the congregational prayer during Rasulullah’s (ﷺ) time except the hypocrites (munafiqun).
- During the time of Rasulullah (ﷺ) and the Companions, they were steadfast in attending congregational prayers even though they needed to be supported (e.g. because of weakness or injury).
- A person who abandons prayers at the mosque abandons the practice (sunnah) of Rasulullah (ﷺ).
- One who leaves the practice of Rasulullah (ﷺ) may fall into disbelief.
What about your prayers? Let us be consistent with congregational prayers at the mosque.
More on Product Reviews
- (Tech) DJI Osmo Pocket
- (Travel) i-City All Day Happy Package Review
- (Product Review) Ultimate Ears (UE) WONDERBOOM Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- (Money Saving) GB Consumer Electronics Sale
Recommended Social Media Marketing Guides
- Magnetic Marketing System: Dominate Your Market Fast.
- Earn $2000+ Monthly Using Autopilot Marketing Systems.
- The Most Powerful Blogging Course To Make Money Online
If you’re interested in starting to make money online or even starting a blog. Please read How to start a Blog.
“Start testing immediately. A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.”