Have you heard about the benefits of drying food?
In short, here are some of the pros and cons of drying foods for our daily diets:
- Dried foods if stored properly can keep indefinitely
- Since it’s dried, its dried weight be as little as 10% of the original weight. Talk about great thing that comes in small packets.
- Drying foods can be a great way to save foods that are bought in excess.
- (Great one for healthy diet) Dried fruits are a sweet alternative to sugary treats, and dried herbs and vegetables add flavor to otherwise boring foods
- The dried food might not taste the same as the fresh ones. But not necessarily worse.
- Moisture can cause dried foods left in the food in the drying process or allowed in during storage can cause mold on food.
- Overly dried fruits, vegetables and meats can be exceptionally hard, often to the point where they do not soften
Well, as mentioned before,its a great way to kick-start our healthy snacking since now we can make our very own healthy snacks.
Here are affordable Food Dehydrator we would recommend
(1) CUKYI Food Dehydrator Fruit Vegetable Herb Meat Drying Machine Pet Snacks food Dryer with 5 trays 220V EU US
Best For Home Usage (USD 22.28 ) (Product Rating: 4.8/5)
It’s lightweight (1.6 kg) and would not take much space. It’s also available for worldwide shipping.
Personal note: At the moment, it’s on sale at only USD 20.50. Although the sale will end in 21 hours from now (13/1/2019 @ 1830 UTC+8)
(2) XH01 XH02 6 or 10 Trays Food Dehydrator Snacks Dehydration Dryer Machine Stainless Steel
Best For Food Preparation Assistance (USD 355 – 727 ) (Product Rating: 4.6/5)
It’s available for 6 or 10 trays. Therefore, would be great if you’re looking for slightly mass production.
Personal note: At the moment, it’s on sale for 49% discount. Although the sale will end in 21 hours from now (13/1/2019 @ 1830 UTC+8)
Categories: Product Reviews