عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ يَسِّرُوا وَلَا تُعَسِّرُوا وَبَشِّرُوا وَلَا تُنَفِّرُوا
Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from Islam).”
Narrated in Sahih Al-Bukhari, Book 3 Hadith 11
Grade: Sahih (authentic)
Translation adapted from sunnah.com
- Human beings are attracted to things that are easy and those that make them happy and contented.
- In teaching others, use wisdom and foresight – this can lead to them being happy in practising the religion.
- Be compassionate in carrying out ‘amar ma’ruf nahi mungkar’ (enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong) so that it will be easily accepted by others.
- Use a variety of interesting methods and a gradual approach when teaching, as everything conveyed in a simple manner from the start will attract one’s curiosity and increase their love towards the knowledge learned.
- Let not our character be the reason others are repelled from the good messages we try to convey.
Let’s spread good vibes in calling people to the deen!