Basic Well Completion Design (Wellhead & Christmas Tree)
Well Completion Accessories (Typical accessories)
- Tubing hanger
- To provide a seal between tubing & wellhead
- To support tubing
- Flow coupling
- To protect from internal erosion caused by high velocity & turbulence flow resulted from ID reduction of another completion accessories (SCSSV – Surface controlled subsurface safety valve)
- Subsurface Safety Valve (with control line)
- To prevent uncontrolled formation flow from wellbore to surface by manipulating hydraulic line from surface
- Gas lift mandrel / side pocket mandrel (SPM)
- a place for installed gas lift valve for artificial lift purposes.
- Sliding Sleeve Door (SSD)
- To enable communication between tubing & annulus to enable circulation or production of fluid.
- To equalize tubing pressure & annulus pressure.
- Landing Nipples
- To provide receptacle to locate, lock & seal subsurface flow controls equipment.
- Production Packers
- To provide a seal between the
- outside of tubing & the inside of the production casing or liner.
- To protect the casing from pressure & produced fluids.
- To isolate multiple production zones.
- To hold kill fluids in the annulus.
- To permit the use of certain artificial lift methods.
Categories: Oil & Gas Notes