I just wish I knew how much free goods I would have to give out in order to promote my products.Jacqui Rosshandler
Well, in my experience, giving out free goods would be a good ideas if
- You actually have enough inventory to still make reasonable profit
- You actually get something in return of the free goods given. quid pro quo kind of agreement. I’ve given free goods before for
- Brand exposure
- Increase numbers of product reviews and sale ranking ( for example, in most marketplace, if your product have high sale volume and good review, you’ll be ranked quite high in the search ranking – I’ve given free (price set to nearly $0 with free shipping or discount shipping – in order to raise the sale volume and reviews. Just make sure you get the receiver agreement before hand.
- Free goods can also be given to your family members, neighbors, friends, & acquaintance. Just make sure they claim it through the marketplace. 2-in-1 benefit, you improve your marketplace ranking and you’ve made those whom received the item a reason to smile for the day.
- Make sure the financial aspect and planning are in place, don’t just blindly gave away your merchandise, you won’t be a merchant for long if you do that.
If you’re interested in setting up business online, there’s a few marketplace which I would recommend:
(1) Shopee (MY)
Love to shop? Keen to sell? Shopee is a mobile marketplace designed for both buyers and sellers to enjoy safe and smooth transactions. The app functions, you can easily turn your clutter into cash and share the fun with your friends, anytime, anywhere.
Just signup for a Shopee account and list your products to sell. (it could also be 2nd hand items, I’ve sold few 2nd hand items on the marketplace.
Youbeli.com is one of the top B2B2C marketplace in Malaysia that support 3 main languages which are English, Bahasa Melayu and Chinese. This trusted online marketplace provides a place to visit for everything you need where you can discover anything you might want to buy with the lowest possible prices. You can also shop conveniently on-the-go via its mobile apps – browse, view, buy, track, and review your items.
It have been said to be a good option but I’ve never tried it before.
” Lazada is pioneering e-commerce across some of the fastest growing countries in the world by offering a fast, secure and convenient online shopping experience with a broad product offering in categories ranging from fashion, consumer electronics to household goods, toys and sports equipment. Lazada is always striving to offer its customers the best possible offering – including multiple payment options, free returns and extensive customer service and warranty commitments “
Lazada is awesome since it have its own seller apps.
But regardless, you could still get around the on the apps easily and the interface is awesome.
You want to have eCommerce Website of your own?
And if you’re feeling adventurous and want to have your own eCommerce website. Just give EasyStore a try. EasyStore is an easy to use tool for sellers to create store and sell products online.