My reading notes (review) of Luminita D. Saviuc book , ’15 thing you should give up to be happy, an inspiring guide to discovering effortless joy’. It’s a short read, just 189 pages.
Here are the main talking notes
- We must give up 15 things to find happiness.
- Start with giving up the past, giving up our fears, limiting beliefs, excuses, resistance to change, blaming, complaining and also criticizing.
- And then relinquish other people’s expectations, defeatist self-talk, control, being right, impressing or labeling others, and clinging to attachments.
- Once we conclude that we had enough pain and suffering, we can have a more fulfilling and fruitful life.
- Forgive what lies behind us, and appreciate what lies ahead.
- The person who gets the most out of the act of forgiving is the forgiver.
- Complaining encourages the illustration that our life cannot change unless the outside world changes significantly.
- Wanting life to turn out exactly as you wish creates the potential for unhappiness.
- Happiness requires us to stop fixating on the past.
- The way we think and what we believe shapes our life.
- If we think positively, no matter how poorly life treats us, we can use every opportunity to elevate ourselves to higher level.
“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”
― Jim Rohn ―