I have an iPod which i very rarely used, therefore, instead of keeping it idle for extended period of time, I decided to cut my losses and just sell the thing.
Uploaded into my online business account and get a buyer in 3 days.
But then, in it ‘account’ setting is still link to my iClound.
So what should I do?
So, here is what I did.
- Did not manually delete my contacts, calendars, reminder, etc since it would also deleted those same content from my other devices.
- So, first, I need to unpaired it with my other devices.
- Back up my iPod
- Sign out of iCloud and iTunes & App Store
- If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My iPhone, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
- If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].
Well, that’s it.
Hope it is enough, well, I think it’s enough to reset the iPod for its new owner.
May the device serves it new master well.