عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عَبَّاسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا أَخْبَرَهُ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو سُفْيَانَ أَنَّ هِرَقْلَ قَالَ لَهُ سَأَلْتُكَ مَاذَا يَأْمُرُكُمْ فَزَعَمْتَ أَنَّهُ أَمَرَكُمْ بِالصَّلَاةِ وَالصِّدْقِ وَالْعَفَافِ وَالْوَفَاءِ بِالْعَهْدِ وَأَدَاءِ الْأَمَانَةِ قَالَ وَهَذِهِ صِفَةُ نَبِيّ
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Abbas: Abu Sufyan told me that Heraclius said to him, ‘When I inquired you what he (i.e. Prophet Muhammad) ordered you, you replied that he ordered you to establish the prayer, to give charity, to keep from bad deeds, to keep promises and to pay back trusts.’ Then Heraclius added, ‘These are really the qualities of a prophet.’
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was the best role model for humankind.
- The Prophet (pbuh) taught and preached to his nation to enjoin good and forbid evil.
- The deeds commanded by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) told to Heraclius by Abu Sufyan were:
- To carry out the solah (prayer)
- To pay zakah (alms or obligatory charity)
- To restrain oneself from bad deeds
- To keep one’s promises
- To fulfill one’s duties
Let us be make the best of ourselves by following the examples manifested by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)!
- Saheeh Bukhari (2681)
- Grade: Saheeh (authentic)