Here are some of my notes on writing press release
- Identify which publication might want to release your stories. Peruse magazine at a newsstand or library?
- You might want to consider local radio stations which have slots to fill in their programming.
- Reporters will discard unoriginal, broad or self-serving press releases. They usually want only new information.
- Standard press release usually would includes clear headings which are easily understandable and a release date.
- Address the expected who, what, when, where and why elements in your opening sentence.
- Include a relevant, meaningful and concise quote
- Use double-spaced text, limit the length to one page, and include references, unusual spellings and additional information in the footnote.
That’s my note on writing press release, I wonder when would it be useful for me.
Categories: Personal Development