Not all of them are the same. Some are much better than others. However, in general, here is what you can expect
Most drop shippers will:
- Provide you with pictures of the item. You should look up for additional more descriptive pictures of the items.
- Provide you with a basic item description. Need to add on additional description yourself. Would be a bit hard if your prospective buyer asks too many question which aren’t described in the basic description.
- Provide you with a shipping tracking number for all orders. Most of the time, you have no control on which courier service they use for your client order fulfillment.
- Ship in a timely and professional manner.
Some may also:
- Handle returns for you.
- Ship “blind”—meaning they will ship with your company info on the box rather than their own.
- Insert your catalog, business card or other marketing materials into each shipment that you provide them with.
- Provide real-time inventory data (although sadly, most drop shippers are not set up to provide this).
In summary, you want to do this seriously, then you need to research things thoroughly.
In screening your prospective drop shippers services, you could order a item or two, just to check how the item was packed, how is the product quality and your general satisfaction with regards to the performance of the drop shipper.
Categories: Personal Finance