A book by Jordan Belfort. Master salesman Jordan Belfort has done consulting work for more than 50 public companies. His two international best-selling memoirs The Wolf of Wall Street and Catching the Wolf of Wall Street have been published in more than 60 countries and translated into 25 languages.
- “The Straight Line System [levels] the playing field for anyone who’d been held back from achieving greatness.”
- “If I were a superhero, then training salespeople would be my superpower.”
- The Straight Line System “will show you how to shorten your sales cycle, increase your closing rate, develop a steady stream of customer referrals and create customers for life.”
- “The human ear has become so adept at recognizing tonal shifts that even the slightest one can have a dramatic impact on the meaning of a word or phrase.”
- “We can be proactive when it comes to choosing our emotional state, as opposed to reactive, which is what most human beings have been conditioned to think is our only choice.”
- “When it comes time to ask for the order…the closer you’ve gotten your prospect[s] to a 10, the better chance you have of closing them.”
- “Be actively building rapport throughout the entire sale, 100% of the time, without ever letting your guard down.”
- “You are capable of becoming proficient at anything you put your mind to.”
- “If you spend the next few minutes focusing on everything that’s great in your life…then you’ll quickly pop into a positive, empowered state that reflects all those wonderful things.”
- “If you screw up the first four seconds, you have another 10 seconds, at most, to play catch-up ball, but after that, you’re completely done.”
- “Act as if you have unmatched confidence, and people will have confidence in you. Act as if you have all the answers, and the answers will come to you.”
- “People don’t buy on logic; they buy on emotion, and then justify their decision with logic.
- “Even if you’re not in sales, you still need to become at least reasonably proficient at sales and persuasion.”