There are many myths about leadership. However, effective leadership is based on core skills you can apply, no matter who you are, where you work, or what you do.
In order to be able to lead others successfully, we need to learn to be able to –
- Define yourself as a leader so you are clear about the why, what, and how of what you do in your role.
- Cultivate emotional intelligence so you create constructive relationships
- Foster trust, the most effective means of influencing others
- Engage others so they want to work together to make your team’s vision a reality
- Adopt a global mindset to handle the diversity, complexity, and uncertainty of business today